When you bring in your vehicle for steering and suspension services to the technicians at United Auto Group, you get a complete system evaluation, which includes:
- Thoroughly inspecting all shocks, struts, and springs for signs of wear or damage
- Replacing worn, damaged, or missing steering or suspension parts that are not performing as intended
- Other suspension repairs as needed to get you back on the road safely
Because replacement of steering and suspension parts may change existing wheel angles, a Wheel Allignment is recommended with this service.
Steering & Suspension System Repairs: Common Questions
Why is it Important to Regularly Service a Suspension System?
Your vehicle's steering and suspension is responsible for providing optimal ride comfort and handling performance. Because normal road conditions can cause the shocks, struts, and springs of your suspension system to weaken over time, these worn suspension parts may reduce vehicle stability and driver control and may also accelerate tire wear.
How Often Should a Suspension System Be Checked?
Most manufacturers recommend a steering and suspension system check every 50,000 mi (80,000 km).
Signs Your Suspension System Should Be Inspected
If you notice any of the following warning signs, contact a local store near you to inspect your suspension and steering system, shocks, and struts:
Schedule an Appointment Now
- Excessive noise when driving over bumps
- A harsh, bumpy, or shaky ride
- Extreme bouncing and wandering
- Crooked steering wheel
- Your tires are wearing unevenly